Eatery provides delicious cuisine
Nearby Thai food guarantees fulfillment
Nestled a few miles from the campus is a dainty Thai food eatery that may get overlooked by its meek size.
The California Thai Restaurant is located at 3873 San Pablo Dam Road in El Sobrante. Residing in a small green shack, someone could easily drive by the restaurant at night if it weren't for the colorful Christmas lights hanging along the awning to draw attention toward it.
The interior design is casual. Colors of mustard yellow and muted green accented pillows, walls, dark wooden chairs, photographs and paintings create a calming dining experience.
This especially makes up for the limited seating space as there is only room inside for eight individual seating arrangements.
The menu provides the standard Thai fare and the place does offer special dishes on some days.
The dishes are moderately priced depending on the type of meat in the entrÃ©e.
For instance, choosing prawns other than chicken, pork or beef can make a pad basil dish go up by $3.
EntrÃ©es are reasonably sized, particularly the pad Thai. One chicken pad Thai dish that costs $7.95 can serve two people easily.
The chicken pad Thai could be improved - some days it is really good, but other days, it seems rushed and made without care.
The California Thai Restaurant is open every day for lunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and then for dinner from 5 to 10 p.m. People can also order takeout by calling ahead at 510-758-1997.
This tiny eating place offers a huge amount of charm in El Sobrante and it certainly deserves a visit from people looking to eat with a few close friends or loved ones.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Accent Advocate News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
RECENT ACCENT ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center