Eatery provides delicious cuisine
Nearby Thai food guarantees fulfillment
Nestled a few miles from the campus is a dainty Thai food eatery that may get overlooked by its meek size.
The California Thai Restaurant is located at 3873 San Pablo Dam Road in El Sobrante. Residing in a small green shack, someone could easily drive by the restaurant at night if it weren't for the colorful Christmas lights hanging along the awning to draw attention toward it.
The interior design is casual. Colors of mustard yellow and muted green accented pillows, walls, dark wooden chairs, photographs and paintings create a calming dining experience.
This especially makes up for the limited seating space as there is only room inside for eight individual seating arrangements.
The menu provides the standard Thai fare and the place does offer special dishes on some days.
The dishes are moderately priced depending on the type of meat in the entrÃ©e.
For instance, choosing prawns other than chicken, pork or beef can make a pad basil dish go up by $3.
EntrÃ©es are reasonably sized, particularly the pad Thai. One chicken pad Thai dish that costs $7.95 can serve two people easily.
The chicken pad Thai could be improved - some days it is really good, but other days, it seems rushed and made without care.
The California Thai Restaurant is open every day for lunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and then for dinner from 5 to 10 p.m. People can also order takeout by calling ahead at 510-758-1997.
This tiny eating place offers a huge amount of charm in El Sobrante and it certainly deserves a visit from people looking to eat with a few close friends or loved ones.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Accent Advocate News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ACCENT ADVOCATE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
RECENT ACCENT ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
- The Most Dangerous Time of the Year? Safety Tips for the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists