Eatery provides delicious cuisine
Nearby Thai food guarantees fulfillment
Nestled a few miles from the campus is a dainty Thai food eatery that may get overlooked by its meek size.
The California Thai Restaurant is located at 3873 San Pablo Dam Road in El Sobrante. Residing in a small green shack, someone could easily drive by the restaurant at night if it weren't for the colorful Christmas lights hanging along the awning to draw attention toward it.
The interior design is casual. Colors of mustard yellow and muted green accented pillows, walls, dark wooden chairs, photographs and paintings create a calming dining experience.
This especially makes up for the limited seating space as there is only room inside for eight individual seating arrangements.
The menu provides the standard Thai fare and the place does offer special dishes on some days.
The dishes are moderately priced depending on the type of meat in the entrÃ©e.
For instance, choosing prawns other than chicken, pork or beef can make a pad basil dish go up by $3.
EntrÃ©es are reasonably sized, particularly the pad Thai. One chicken pad Thai dish that costs $7.95 can serve two people easily.
The chicken pad Thai could be improved - some days it is really good, but other days, it seems rushed and made without care.
The California Thai Restaurant is open every day for lunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and then for dinner from 5 to 10 p.m. People can also order takeout by calling ahead at 510-758-1997.
This tiny eating place offers a huge amount of charm in El Sobrante and it certainly deserves a visit from people looking to eat with a few close friends or loved ones.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Accent Advocate News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ACCENT ADVOCATE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
RECENT ACCENT ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World