Single Stop offers up services, advice
Free tax preparation is being provided on campus by IRS-certified tax preparers. Single Stop USA, a national entity that assists impoverished people claim government benefits for which they qualify is assisting students in SSC-106 for free.
The service is offered Tuesdays-Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. until April 15. April 15 is Tax Day, the day everyone's state and federal tax returns must be filed.
The service will be provided to individuals with a 2013 income of less than $52,000. U.S citizenship is not required.
Students wishing to take part in the service must bring a Social Security card, W2 form, bank routing and account numbers and landlord information for renter's credit.
Single Stop has been located on campus since January 2012.
"For a little more than two years they have provided students with different types of assistance such as benefit screening for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKs and PG&E discounts," Program Director Teresa Archaga said.
Single Stop can provide students with references to local resources for financial coaching and legal services also.
Single Stop also provides bus passes to students whenever posible.
The bus passes are attained through donations, Archaga said. Single Stop is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Accent Advocate News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
RECENT ACCENT ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses