Single Stop offers up services, advice
Free tax preparation is being provided on campus by IRS-certified tax preparers. Single Stop USA, a national entity that assists impoverished people claim government benefits for which they qualify is assisting students in SSC-106 for free.
The service is offered Tuesdays-Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. until April 15. April 15 is Tax Day, the day everyone's state and federal tax returns must be filed.
The service will be provided to individuals with a 2013 income of less than $52,000. U.S citizenship is not required.
Students wishing to take part in the service must bring a Social Security card, W2 form, bank routing and account numbers and landlord information for renter's credit.
Single Stop has been located on campus since January 2012.
"For a little more than two years they have provided students with different types of assistance such as benefit screening for CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKs and PG&E discounts," Program Director Teresa Archaga said.
Single Stop can provide students with references to local resources for financial coaching and legal services also.
Single Stop also provides bus passes to students whenever posible.
The bus passes are attained through donations, Archaga said. Single Stop is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Accent Advocate News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ACCENT ADVOCATE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
RECENT ACCENT ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...