El Tazumal offers affordable cuisine
Restaurant provides warm atmosphere
Speech tutor De’Alaundria Gardner practices an improvisational speech on Thursday in AA-113 for the Intramural Speech Tournament that will take place on May 8 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Christian Urrutia / The Advocate
El Tazumal offers good quality Salvadorian and Mexican food at a very affordable price.
The restaurant is so close to campus, it only takes about five minutes to get there by walking.
Located at 14621 San Pablo Ave., the restaurant offers a very comfortable and familiar atmosphere to patrons.
El Tazumal offers a wide variety of food options, which allow those unfamiliar with Salvadorian and Mexican food to try something new. One can order tacos, salads, New York steaks with rice and beans or opt to be more adventurous and order the pupusas, which are only $2 each.
Pupusas are a traditional dish from El Salvador made by stuffing a thick tortilla like dough with beans, cheese, pork or other ingredients that are lightly fried.
They also have aguas frescas, a sweet, fruity drink served in many different flavors.
When customers arrive, they are prompted to seat themselves by a wait staff and then they receive prompt attention.
The restaurant is noticeably clean and well organized, and one look around at the customers can show how happy they are eating at El Tazumal.
Elsi Ardon, a patron at El Tazumal, said she likes to eat there because the food has a delicious homemade taste.
She said the affordability of the food is another thing that keeps bringing her back.
At El Tazumal, a television is set out in the restaurant for patrons to watch.
The set is usually tuned to whatever local sporting event or important soccer game that is on the air.
This allows sport fans to eat without missing their favorite team play, creating a place the whole family can enjoy.
El Tazumal had my attention after the first time I ate there. Seeing people enjoying themselves with their families made me want to come back.
I like to come to El Tazumal because, as a student, I do not have to spend a lot of money trying to get food in between classes.
It has dishes that vary in price, but I like to choose the cheaper dishes.
El Tazumal offers an excellent restaurant near the college where students cannot only try something different, but also hang out with their friends near campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Accent Advocate News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ACCENT ADVOCATE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
RECENT ACCENT ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter