El Tazumal offers affordable cuisine
Restaurant provides warm atmosphere
Speech tutor De’Alaundria Gardner practices an improvisational speech on Thursday in AA-113 for the Intramural Speech Tournament that will take place on May 8 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Christian Urrutia / The Advocate
El Tazumal offers good quality Salvadorian and Mexican food at a very affordable price.
The restaurant is so close to campus, it only takes about five minutes to get there by walking.
Located at 14621 San Pablo Ave., the restaurant offers a very comfortable and familiar atmosphere to patrons.
El Tazumal offers a wide variety of food options, which allow those unfamiliar with Salvadorian and Mexican food to try something new. One can order tacos, salads, New York steaks with rice and beans or opt to be more adventurous and order the pupusas, which are only $2 each.
Pupusas are a traditional dish from El Salvador made by stuffing a thick tortilla like dough with beans, cheese, pork or other ingredients that are lightly fried.
They also have aguas frescas, a sweet, fruity drink served in many different flavors.
When customers arrive, they are prompted to seat themselves by a wait staff and then they receive prompt attention.
The restaurant is noticeably clean and well organized, and one look around at the customers can show how happy they are eating at El Tazumal.
Elsi Ardon, a patron at El Tazumal, said she likes to eat there because the food has a delicious homemade taste.
She said the affordability of the food is another thing that keeps bringing her back.
At El Tazumal, a television is set out in the restaurant for patrons to watch.
The set is usually tuned to whatever local sporting event or important soccer game that is on the air.
This allows sport fans to eat without missing their favorite team play, creating a place the whole family can enjoy.
El Tazumal had my attention after the first time I ate there. Seeing people enjoying themselves with their families made me want to come back.
I like to come to El Tazumal because, as a student, I do not have to spend a lot of money trying to get food in between classes.
It has dishes that vary in price, but I like to choose the cheaper dishes.
El Tazumal offers an excellent restaurant near the college where students cannot only try something different, but also hang out with their friends near campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Accent Advocate News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ACCENT ADVOCATE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
RECENT ACCENT ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World