El Tazumal offers affordable cuisine
Restaurant provides warm atmosphere
Speech tutor De’Alaundria Gardner practices an improvisational speech on Thursday in AA-113 for the Intramural Speech Tournament that will take place on May 8 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Christian Urrutia / The Advocate
El Tazumal offers good quality Salvadorian and Mexican food at a very affordable price.
The restaurant is so close to campus, it only takes about five minutes to get there by walking.
Located at 14621 San Pablo Ave., the restaurant offers a very comfortable and familiar atmosphere to patrons.
El Tazumal offers a wide variety of food options, which allow those unfamiliar with Salvadorian and Mexican food to try something new. One can order tacos, salads, New York steaks with rice and beans or opt to be more adventurous and order the pupusas, which are only $2 each.
Pupusas are a traditional dish from El Salvador made by stuffing a thick tortilla like dough with beans, cheese, pork or other ingredients that are lightly fried.
They also have aguas frescas, a sweet, fruity drink served in many different flavors.
When customers arrive, they are prompted to seat themselves by a wait staff and then they receive prompt attention.
The restaurant is noticeably clean and well organized, and one look around at the customers can show how happy they are eating at El Tazumal.
Elsi Ardon, a patron at El Tazumal, said she likes to eat there because the food has a delicious homemade taste.
She said the affordability of the food is another thing that keeps bringing her back.
At El Tazumal, a television is set out in the restaurant for patrons to watch.
The set is usually tuned to whatever local sporting event or important soccer game that is on the air.
This allows sport fans to eat without missing their favorite team play, creating a place the whole family can enjoy.
El Tazumal had my attention after the first time I ate there. Seeing people enjoying themselves with their families made me want to come back.
I like to come to El Tazumal because, as a student, I do not have to spend a lot of money trying to get food in between classes.
It has dishes that vary in price, but I like to choose the cheaper dishes.
El Tazumal offers an excellent restaurant near the college where students cannot only try something different, but also hang out with their friends near campus.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Accent Advocate News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
RECENT ACCENT ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge