I LOVE IT
Outstanding detail in remembering the past Cecy.I miss you girlHow can I not remember this. This was the best idea I had i high school and I will never forgetKeep up the Good Work. Jimmy Mercado
Serving out her third term as the representative of the Assembly District 14, Loni Hancock is a Democrat whose local, state and national government experience makes her a qualified candidate for the California State Senate District 9 seat.
For more than three decades, Hancock has worked for open government, educational reforms, environmental protections, health care, economic development and social justice.
Her accomplishments span serving two terms as the first female mayor in the city of Berkeley and her work with national government officials, such as former President Bill Clinton and former President Jimmy Carter.
As the chairwoman of the Natural Resources Committee, she is concerned with the environment, solving the climate crisis and protecting national resources.
Much of her career has also been spent developing public policies that improve public schools in the East Bay, such as obtaining funding to set up a health clinic at Berkeley High School.
She has held other positions as well, such as chairwoman for the Assembly Select Committee on Bridging the Achievement Gap, member of the Committee on Rules and chairwoman for the Subcommittee on Sexual Harassment and Violence Prevention.
She also belongs to other organizations, such as the Committee on Education, the Committee on Housing and Community Development, the Budget Committee and the Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services.
Cynthia Brantley Pierce, campaign manager, said Hancock works hard and puts 100 percent into everything she does.
"I'm proud of the progress I've made in the assembly on some of the most challenging issues facing California," Hancock said.
Hancock has lived in Berkeley since 1964 and is married with four children and seven grandchildren.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Accent Advocate News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ACCENT ADVOCATE NEWS
RECENT ACCENT ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge